At Clay Shaw Thomas, we know that any company working in the property and construction sector, regardless of size, needs sound financial advice.
Our team of specialists have a real understanding of the property development market, including knowledge and experience in all commercial, structural, legal and practical matters. This allows us to work with our clients to find the best solutions.
Our clients include buy-to-let landlords, property investors, developers and housing associations, as well as chartered surveyors, architects, consulting engineers and estate agents.
We realise that in the world of property some long term projects can take a number of years to reach completion, so the earlier a company looks at their financial and tax planning the better.
The current market means tighter margins with the future value of developments less clear cut. Our team realise that tax can be an increasingly complex burden that has a real effect on property and land values, being factored into development chains and affecting expected returns. Sensible planning can alleviate this and potentially increase your returns.
We can provide the following services:
- Tailored VAT advice on property transactions
- Raising Finance
- Planning for the correct property structure
- Tax compliance
- Structures to minimise taxation on development and investment profits such as land remediation relief
- Capital allowance reviews
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) advice
- Profits extraction in a tax efficient manner
- Advice on employment tax issues and status of workers
- Strategic planning to mitigate risks and maximise returns
- Advice on the Construction Industry Scheme
- Engagement of workers and employment tax issues
- PAYE health checks